Here's a fairly simple vegetarian meal, serving is for one.
It is a variation on this recipe:
- 80g dried black beans
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 120g frozen spinach, chopped
- 100g sliced mushrooms, chopped roughly
- 1 x 400g tin dice tomatoes
- sliced jalapenos - to suit tastes
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1/2 cup of couscous (use rice or pasta for variation)
- Soak beans for 8 hours and then simmer for an hour to prepare.
- Grease a medium frypan and add the onion to soften.
- Add spinach, mushrooms, jalapenos, tomatoes and stir through beans.
- Add spices and stock cube, with a splash of water is required.
- Prepare couscous.
- Reduce frypan to desired consistency and serve over/with couscous.
Sorry I forgot to take a photo for the blog :-)